Bridgeport CT Siding Installation Process
Dutchess County, Fairfield County, Litchfield County, New Haven County & Putnam County.
At some point, many homeowners seek to upgrade the exterior of their house with siding. This means hiring a contractor, but you might not be as familiar with what comes next. To learn about the process of siding installation and prepare yourself and your home, you’re in the right place.
One of the biggest expectations to keep in mind is that larger floor plans or multi-story homes will usually take longer. Likewise, if your home’s on a hill or some kind of tough land it can take longer for precision and quality installation.
The average time of completion for a siding installation is around 2 weeks. One factor that can add time is if the siding will be painted or not, but 2 weeks allows for any preparations or insulation before the actual siding is installed and adjusted.
What Can You Do If You Need Siding Installation in Bridgeport, CT?
There are a number of things you as the homeowner can do before the contractors get there that will help save time or protect your property better.
- Clear the driveway. By moving your car out of the way, whether into the garage or onto the curb, you’ll protect it from anything that falls while giving them space to put a large dumpster.
- Put things away. For the best protection, you’ll want to move any flower pots, lawnmowers, or outside furniture. Inside your home, take down or secure anything mounted on the walls.
- If you have kids or pets, make sure they stay clear of the work site.
- Cut the grass and trim any foliage. Not only will trimmed trees make it easier for the actual installation process, but after they’re done contractors will have an easier time with their magnet to pick up any fallen nails from your yard.
- Prior to the install, make sure you know if the contractor needs you to secure or remove any window shutters or gutters. Some will just cover them before beginning work, but it’s good to know ahead of time either way.
Preparing Your Home
Several steps need to be taken before new siding can be installed, so the first half of an installation project involves getting your home ready. The first thing that will be done is to take off any previous siding.
The main reason for this is to check your home’s structural integrity, but some siding also can’t be placed over existing materials. Things that affect your integrity would be mostly moisture-related, like wood rotting or warping.
Any damages found will need to be repaired, so the next step is to fix any walls so that they’ll hold up the siding better. After that’s done, insulation will be put in to make sure your home is sealed and ready for the siding installation.
Time For a New Look – Get Siding Installation in Bridgeport, CT
With everything insulated and repaired, now comes time for the new siding to be installed. Remember that any painting will add extra time to the process. Of course, there are also things that no amount of preparation can prevent that will also make the installation longer.
- Wood damage or weakness. This can usually be attributed to the effects of leaks or water, like rotting or mold. Despite an initial inspection, some things can’t be seen until the previous siding is removed. Prepare for increased time or cost with the removal.
- Your sheathing needs to be replaced. There’s a layer underneath siding called sheathing that’s relatively cheap, but will take time to replace and add another cost if needed.
Especially for homeowners new to siding installation, don’t be afraid to ask questions. If any damages, asbestos, or sheathing problems arise, ask to see it in relation to a “good” part of your home to reassure yourself.
As far as costs go, keep in mind that any extra costs associated with the installation might be negated in the long-run. Insulation and your siding choice can reduce your electric bill each month, boost curb appeal, and possibly make you eligible for tax breaks.
Call today if you think you need replacement or siding installation in Bridgeport, CT or the surrounding areas!
WHY CHOOSE NORTHLAND ROOFING, LLC?
Northland Roofing, LLC
- HQ: Danbury, CT
- Bethel, CT
- Bridgeport, CT
- Brookfield, CT
- Fairfield, CT
- Hartford, CT
- Litchfield, CT
- Monroe, CT
- New Wilford, CT
- New Cannan, CT
- Norwalk, CT
- Redding, CT
- Ridgefield, CT
- Sandy Hook, CT
- Shelton, CT
- Solsbury, CT
- Stamford, CT
- Trumbull, CT
- Warren, CT
- Waterbury, CT
- Westport, CT
- Wilton, CT
- Carmel, NY
- Mahopac, NY
- New Rochelle, NY
- Paterson, NY
- Pawling, NY
- Poughkeepsie, NY
- Wappingers Falls, NY
- Yonkers, NY
We proudly serve all areas in and around Dutchess County, Fairfield County, Litchfield County, New Haven County & Putnam County.